I’m happy to announce that Perspectives Server version 3.4 has been released. This release adds new options to improve and fine-tune notary performance.
- Add –cache-duration switch to allow control of cache expiry
- Add switches to control of socket_queue_size and thread_pool, to allow performance tuning
- Add –quiet mode for scans
- Document performance tuning and cache duration behaviour
- Update amazon guide:
- Add steps for verifying host ssh fingerprint
- Add requirements and notes on avoiding surprise costs
- Add section on using a Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Other fixes
This update contains no data changes, only code changes, so upgrading is easy! The steps are: stop your server, sync new code (with ‘git pull’), and start your server again. These steps have also been included in the doc/upgrades directory.
As always, if you have any questions or comments feel free to leave a comment here or ask us on the mailing list.